Sunday, June 30, 2013

Standing in the Gap

”I looked for someone who might rebuild the wall of righteousness that guards the land. I searched for someone to stand in the gap in the wall so I wouldn’t have to destroy the land, but I found no one. So now I will pour out my fury on them, consuming them with the fire of my anger. I will heap on their heads the full penalty for all their sins. I, the Sovereign LORD, have spoken!” Ezekiel 22:30-31

God is looking today for someone in the church to rebuild the "wall of righteousness that guards the land". It is the righteousness of His people that keeps our nation from destruction. Do we fully comprehend this? There is a gaping hole in the wall of protection--the church is not doing its job! God looks to His people to stand in the gap for our nation. Are we living blameless lives so that others can see His goodness? Are we praying in desperation for a country that is sick and corrupted, or do we think that is someone else's job? Worse yet, do we think the patient's condition is hopeless? God is looking for just one person to stand in the gap for our country. What if no one answers that call? Will our nation be destroyed for lack of just one intercessor?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or email me at judy.revival4america@gmail.com